Upcoming Show Schedules
Please see important notes below about show entries!
Friday 1 July 2016, Central Australian Show Society:
Entries for Central Australan Show Society show close on Friday 20th May. Central Australian Show Society do not accept late entries!!
Please note regarding entering the Central Australian Show Society show:
- CASS membership is not the same as Alice Springs Kennel & Dog Sprots Club membership. If you wish to take advantage of members' rates for both CASS & ASK&DSC shows, you will need to join both organisations.
- In order to enter Blatherskite Park while the Alice Springs Show is running, each person will need to either pay at the gate (no passouts issued- if you leave and come back later you'll have to pay again) or have a gate pass, and in order to drive a vehicle to the dog area you will need a car pass. CASS membership includes a member and guest pass into the showgrounds as well as a gate pass. CASS non-member first entry includes one gate entry and a car pass.
- CASS entries must go to CASS, and must not be sent to ASK&DSC along with our entries; and money for CASS entries must also go to CASS and must not come to ASK&DSC. If CASS do not get your entries in time, they will not allow you to show, and it is out of our hands. In the past we have tried our best to get entries sent to us in error to CASS in time, but it has not always been possible.
- Campers must arrange their camping with CASS, we cannot arrange it for you. Campers must also report to CASS office on arrival, before proceeding to designated Camping Areas.
Downloads & links:
- Click here for a draft of the Schedule that has been sent to DogsNT for inclusion in Territory Dog World.
- Click here for PDF version of the complete Show Book.
- Click here for membership details (on CASS website), and here for membership form (& dog section page from showbook).
- Click here for dog entry form required by CASS (in addition to Official Show Entry Form).
CASS insist on having this form as well as official entry forms, so don't forget it!
- Click here for Central Australian Show Society web site (or here for dog information).
Championship Show 380: Judge: Mrs Sally Baxter (Qld)
Friday 1 to Sunday 3 July 2016, Alice Springs Kennel & Dog Sports Club Inc shows:
Entries for ASK&DSC July shows close on 12th June. The schedules below have been sent to DogsNT for inclusion in Territory Dog World.
Check-in 10.30am; Start 11am (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)
Championship Show 381: Judge: Mr Darren Bowey (Vic)
Check-in 8.30am; Start 9am (2,3,4,5,6,7,1)
Championship Show 382: Judge: Mrs Shellie Marshall (Vic)
Check-in 10.30am; Start 11am (2,3,4,5,6,7,1)
Championship Show 383: Judge: Mr David Johnson (SA)
Check-in 8.30am; Start 9am (3,4,5,6,7,1,2)
Championship Show 384: Judge: Mr Lance Heilmann (SA)
Check-in 8.30am; Start 9am (7,1,2,3,4,5,6)
Tennant Creek & District Show Society Championship Show 1: Judge: Mr Robert Harbin (NSW)
Friday 8 and Saturday 9 July 2016, Tennant & District Show Society shows:
Entries for the two Tennant Creek shows also close on 12th June and the schedules below have been sent to DogsNT for inclusion in Territory Dog World.
Check-in 8.30am; Start 9am (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)
Tennant Creek & District Show Society Championship Show 2: Judge: Mrs Deborah Harbin (NSW)
Check-in 8.30am; Start 9am (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)
Click here to download the current Territory Dog World Schedules Booklet.
We now offer online entries with Show Manager. Tennant Creek shows can also be entered through Show Manager. Unfortunately Central Australian Show Society show cannot be entered electronically. See below for more entry information.
Schedules are sent to Territory Dog World once arrangements are finalised. We are unable to produce official schedules until signed judges contracts have been returned to the club.
About Alice Springs Kennel & Dog Sports Club
The Alice Springs Kennel & Dog Sports Club (ASKDSC) is the oldest dog club in the Northern Territory. We are a small club of dedicated dog enthusiasts who work hard together to ensure pure bred dog fanciers are able to enjoy showing despite our isolated location.
In July 2011 the club name was changed from Alice Springs Kennel Club Inc to Alice Springs Kennel and Dog Sports Club Inc to expand club activities and promote responsible dog ownership. ASKDSC believes that owning a dog is more than just breeding and showing, so includes training and dog sports activities for the benefit of members. Up-to-date information is posted to the ASKDSC Facebook page regularly.
In recent years, ASKDSC has succeeded in holding 20 Championship Shows per year. This is quite an undertaking with limited entries and having to fly in and accommodate all our judges. We are fortunate to have the support of a large number of regular interstate visitors, and several wonderful and generous sponsors, who help make it all possible.
Our busiest time of year is July when six Championship Shows are held, followed by two in Tennant Creek (run by the Tennant Creed & District Show Society). Entries in the Southern Leg of this run of shows increases every year, and a number of members continue on "up north" and compete successfully in the Darwin leg of the run. Information on the entire July circuit (including the Darwin shows) can be found at http://circuit.k9territory.com.
ASKDSC is very proud to have wonderful club rooms and grounds. Our shows enjoy a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and our judges and many visitors are always pleasantly surprised by our facilities, Members and Shows. Visitors are always warmly welcomed.
Many of our members travel interstate where their dogs place well at Specialties and Shows. ASKDSC members have many top ranked dogs in their breeds and groups, both in the NT and nationally. What we lack in quantity, we make up for in quality!
This website is constantly under revision and was last updated on the 5th September 2012. If you have any comments or suggestions, or if you find any errors that need correcting, please do not hesitate to email the Club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Notes about Show Entries
|ASKDSC now offers, and recommends, online entries. Online entries prevent many of the errors we have been struggling with for years, that were caused by incorrectly completed paper entry forms, and incorrect payments!|
||Show Manager home page;
Show Manager "Why Use Show Manager?" page.|
If you have a Show Manager Premium Account, you can also print and email official entry forms, and print blank official entry forms.
If you prefer to mail your printed official entry forms to the club, please keep the following in mind:
- In addition to the dog and owner details, please do not forget to complete the bottom left of the official entry form which provides a breakdown of fees paid. When using electronic payment method, please (a) include an identifying Lodgement Reference on the payment made from your bank (some banks do not include your name on internet transfers- notably Westpac and Police Credit Union), and (b) send an email to ASKDSC with a breakdown of money paid. Entries for every show result in numerous queries due to missing information; This is very frustrating for our Treasurer and Show Secretary and we all know it's not good to upset the officials...! A huge thank you to those whose entries are error-free. Online entries avoid all these problems!
- Last year some competitors had their mailed entries returned to them as undeliverable despite the address on the envelope being correct. We therefore try to contact all entrants by email or Facebook PM to confirm receipt of entries (again, online entries are guaranteed to reach the club thus avoiding this problem). If you have entered any of our shows and not heard from us, please make contact to ensure your entries have been received.
- If you are not using online entries, electronic payment directly into our bank account is Alice Springs Kennel & Dog Sports Club's preferred payment method. There can be no dispute as to whether or not fees are paid, there is an easy and trackable record of payments and it will ensure you are not missed - if we find money with no matching entry forms we can chase up the entry forms. Don't forget to put your name in the reference- Westpac and Police Credit Union in particular do not include your name on their internet banking transfers.
ASKDSC has a Facebook profile which is updated frequently; Click here to view, and please "Like" our page. There is also an older Facebook page which is no longer updated, but where there are still numerous club photos published. Click here to see the original ASKC profile and view photos.
Facebook is the best place to check for changes and/or updates to ASKDSC events (because the Admin is so much more efficient than the Webmaster!!). There are also so many lovely photos published there that it's well worth a visit.
Don't forget when browsing photos that Facebook's thumbnails only show the middle of the pictures: when you open the photo you will see that the heads and tails are not actually cut off as they appear to be in the thumbnails!
ASKDSC Website Updates
If you would like to be advised when this site is updated, please click this link to register for update emails.
When browsing you may not be looking at the most current version of the web page in your browser window! Web pages travel through a number of servers on their way to your computer and many of these servers save their own copy of the page rather than go to the source every time: use Control+F5 to refresh the page from its source and make sure you are viewing the current version.
Click the link below to open the Club's membership form. Complete the form and if you are able to scan the completed form, you can return it to the club by email and pay your membership directly into the Club's bank account. Alternately mail the form and payment to Alice Springs Kennel & Dog Sports Club,
PO Box 4482, AliceSprings NT 0871.
Memberships, entries and other Alice Springs Kennel & Dog Sports Club Fees can be paid electronically directly into the Club's bank account. Details as follows:
Please email Alice Springs Kennel & Dog Sports Club with the details of your payment so that we can identify it in the bank account. Don't forget to put your name in the reference- Westpac and Police Credit Union in particular do not include your name on their internet banking transfers.
ASKC's Old Website
This website is in the process of a major upgrade; many pages are not completed yet - and the Webmaster keeps running out of time! The old website still has some pictures and information that I feel are interesting and that we should not lose: click here if you'd like to have a look. However, please be aware that some of the links may be broken and may no longer work. Just to add to the confusion, other links have now been edited to point back to pages in the new site, thus you may end up back here when you click them!
If you have any ideas for this website (things you don't like and/or things you'd like added), please email ASKDSC with your suggestions. If you find errors on the site, please email us and let us know so that they can be rectified: websites are not static, nor should they be. Rather, they are "living beings" with information that is continually changing. All help and suggestions are appreciated!